Misty's Blogspot

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Getting back into my workout

Well last week I finally started working out again after an almost 4 week break. I had gotten up to about 2 1/2 miles in 20 minutes. With the higher altitude and because I hadn't run in so long I could only run for 10 minutes before I had to stop last Monday. I definitely notice the drier air when I run too. I bought a camelbak; it's a really cool backpack that holds water so I can drink and run. It's very easy to get dehydrated here so this will help prevent that from happening.
This week my workout went much better. Monday I was able to run nonstop for 15 minutes and Wednesday I was able to do all 8 reps of the sprint/walk workout. The camelbak really helps a lot and doesn't add any noticeable weight.
I am up to doing 30 push-ups and also 50 sit-ups without stopping. My goal before I leave for basic is 60 push-ups and 100 sit-ups all within 2 minutes each.
I would really like to be able to reach that as a goal, because I need to be able to run 2 miles in 15:48 minutes, 50 push-ups in 2 minutes and 82 sit-ups in 2 minutes to get a perfect score on the PT test. Getting a perfect score is a high honor. You get special recognition at graduation and receive a pin to wear on your dress uniform. I really think I'll be able to achieve my goal as long as I don't get injured and continue to workout like I am right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home