Misty's Blogspot

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Matt's Graduation

Matt graduated from basic. I am so proud of him. He completed all the requirements with several fractured bones in his left foot! I really enjoyed getting to spend time with him. On family day we were able to see where he lived for the past 10 weeks and they did demonstrations for us. We then ate a nice lunch on post. Then he received a pass to leave post until 8:45pm. I got to spen 3 hours alone with him! It's amazing how great how much you can miss the little things when they are taken from you. The next day was his graduation. There were 16 people who came to see Matt graduate which was really nice. He was allowed to go off post until 9:00 pm after that. We almost didn't get him back on time because the interstate was flooded when we tried to take him back. Fortunately they knew about the flooding and gave some leeway to those who were late. Before Matt flew out for his training I got to spend some time with him on post. I then followed their van to the airport to wait for his plane with him. It was really hard to say goodbye knowing I won't see him again for a while. I am so glad I made the decision to move near him for the next few months.

Here are a few pictures from his graduation and family day.

Matt and his nephew Nathan


Matt with all his bags.


Matt walking across stage for graduation!


Matt and I just before he boards the bus for the airport.


I'm ready to get moved so I can be near him again. So much to get done in such a short time frame.

2 Comments:

  • I cant believe you've moved. I'm so happy for yall! CONGRATS TO MATT from Justin and I.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 8:12 PM  

  • Oops. I just commented on your June 24th post instead of your most recent one! It was completely unrelated to the content of your post anyway, but I wanted to make sure you saw it!

    Congrats to Matt. I don't know Matt, but congrats to him!

    Hope you're well and adjusting nicely to the move...

    K.

    By Blogger katehewlett, at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home