Misty's Blogspot

Monday, March 26, 2007

Party! :D

Yesterday my sister's husband's family threw a party for Bryant's 1 month birthday. Matt and I arrived at Jenny's house a little after 5:00. Not much was going on yet so we just hung out while waiting for Hien's parents to arrive with the food. As people slowly started showing up Hien started becoming concerned that there would not be enough food. After seeing how much food his parents brought I told him not to worry it looked like there would be plenty. Turns out I was right.
There were about 30 people or so who came to the party. We broke up into 2 groups to eat. The "adults" sat at the table in the dining room. The rest of us sat on the floor in the living room to eat.

The food was absolutely delicious! We had fried spring rolls, something similar to chow mein, soup (which was my favorite dish) and then we also made our own spring rolls. Matt and I had made spring rolls with Jenny and Hien before so that made it easier on us. To make a spring roll you first take the rice wrapper and dip it in water to make it soft. Then you put noodles and whatever greens you want on. I put a little bit of everything on mine: cilantro, mint, parsley, cucumber, lettuce, and a couple of items I'm not sure of the name of. Then you add the meat on top. Last night they were cooking beef, shrimp and squid. I took a couple of pieces of each. Once all the meat was put on you just wrapped up the rice wrapper, dipped it in the sauce and ate it!
I'm going to try to see if I can get the recipe for the soup and the fried spring rolls from Hien. :D

Here are some pics I took.




Here are a couple of quick vids I took as well.

Kid's Table

Adult's Table

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home