Misty's Blogspot

Friday, April 13, 2007

The rest of the army story

We won't really see each other much for the next year and a half. We really believe that we're making the right descion, but it's going to be a long road.

I am very excited about what my MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) is. I will be in Satellite Communications. My training time is 39 weeks or almost 10 months.  Matts training time for is 29 weeks or a little over 7 months. He will finish training about 1 week after I leave for basic. During our training periods we can visit each other on the weekends, except for when one of us is at basic. During that time we will only be able to write each other.

There is a high chance we'll be stationed together once we're both through with all of our training, but there is no guarantee. If we aren't then it would be another 2 to 3 years before we would have another opportunity to be on the same post. I would appreciate any prayers that our efforts to be posted together will be successful.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Misty, I thougt I would check your blog out too. Wow, kudos to you both joining the army and congratulations on this big decision. I will be praying that you will both be stationed together for the long haul. I am feeling a real connection with my YIM friends and would love to meet you all in person someday.

    Take care
    C!

    By Blogger Cindee, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home