Misty's Blogspot

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Last Leadership Class!

Well today was my last leadership class. All we have left is our graduation! I can't believe that 9 months have gone by since we started. Time flies so quickly.
This last class was about Healthcare. We met at a local hospital at about 8:15 and had a quick breakfast. Then one of the hospital administrators came and gave us a brief history about this particular hospital. After that we were taken on a tour. This hospital is mostly outpatient. They have the 4th largest wound care center in the nation. The wound care center has 3 hyperbolic chambers to help promote quick healing. They have over a 94% success rate in healing long term wounds!
We then toured the sleep study center. It was really interesting to hear about the different sleep disorders that exist and what they can do to help people with them. There were several people in the class who have family or they themselves have a sleep disorder. So they were able to get a lot of questions answered.
After leaving this hospital we drove over to the next one.
The next hospital we toured was where I was born. We were taken on a tour of their oncology department. The technology involved in treating cancer is amazing. One of the techniques they use at this hospital is tomotherapy. Very impressive! Unfortunately I wasn't taking notes so I don't really remember all the particulars.
After the tour we did our book study. I had been volunteered by one of my classmates to lead the study for this class. I wasn't really concerned about it since we only had 2 chapters of the book left.

Overall I really enjoyed taking the leadership class. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to know more about their community. Plus it looks pretty good on a resume.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home