Misty's Blogspot

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"I'm gold and green!"

I had my second leadership class today. We started off with a discussion about the first three chapters of the book we're reading. The book is Leadership by Rudolph Guiliani. I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I am enjoying it. The first chapter was difficult to read, because he wrote about his experience on September 11. It was very moving getting a first hand insight into the tragedy of that day. The rest of the book is about how to be an effective leader. So far he's taken us through what he did to prepare for running for office and his early days in office. I highly recommend the book to anyone wanting to learn more about how to be an effective leader.
After that we decided where we were going to do our community service project, then we had a short overview of the history of the community.
For the last 2 hours of the class we had a speaker come in and talk about personalities. He was a very entertaining speaker. It was fun learning more about how to relate to others based on their personality type. We also discovered what our own personality types were. Thus the "I'm gold and green." Which basically means that I'm an organized geek!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home