Misty's Blogspot

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I came, I saw, I ate...

Well the State Fair of Oklahoma is over for another year. Saturday was perfect fair weather, around 75F with a nice cool breeze blowing. Everyone else in Oklahoma must have thought so too because I've never seen it busier. Attendence was definitely up over last year. We didn't get to see much because we could hardly walk for all the people!
Even though we didn't get to go through many of the buildings and get all the freebies; we did make sure that we got our "fair" share of food. I had my annual spam burger, a gyro and a funnel cake. That may not sound like much, but it is considering I ate it all within an hour. Oh and I had a bite of my husbands cheese on a stick. You know that's anther thing that the fair has that you can't find anywhere else, just about everything comes on a stick. There's the usual of course: corndogs, cotton candy, kabobs, carmel and candy apples, but at the fair you can get: cheese, any type of fruit and even pizza on a stick.
Well my in-laws enjoyed the rodeo. My mother-in-law especially liked the barrel racing. They didn't have my favorite event which is mutton bustin'. I guess I'll just have to wait for the Woodward Elks rodeo to see that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home