Misty's Blogspot

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"I'll begin with a few observations..."

"...on a subject that is both near and dear to my heart, leadership." (Dr. Rodney McKay, SGA, Letters from Pegasus)
Well, I just got back from my first class of Leadership Northwest. (a community leadership program.) Today was all about getting to know one another and learning how to work together. So, we went to a ropes course. You definitely get to know someone very quickly when you have to work closely together and rely on one another. And when I say closely I mean closely! There was no such thing as personal space, but we all had a really good time.

Anyone who wants to become more involved in their community should look into taking a leadership class through their local chamber of commerce. It is a great way to learn about your local government, school system, public safety department, economic development, health care and ways to get involved in community service. Our class will only have to meet once a month for 1/2 a day for 9 months.
Anyway, that's enough of that. I need to get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home