Misty's Blogspot

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ahhh. It's that time of year again.

The smell of the corn roasting, turkey legs cooking, kettlecorn popping...stale beer?!?!
That's right folks it's Oklahoma State Fair time. The best time of year to forget about your diet and eat fair food!!! I must say that's the best reason to go to the fair. You can find foods there that you won't find anywhere else, like indian tacos, spam burgers and fried snickers bars.

Of course there is always the ever entertaining opportunity to people watch. I must say it's amazing to see the kind of people who come out of the wordwork during the fair. They don't seem to be around any other time of the year. I guess it could be that it's the one place that I go where they go as well. You know the type I'm talking about right? No teeth or at least very few, wearing very little clothing and tend to have an interesting smell about them.

Well this year I am actually going to do more than just eat my fair share of food and people watch. My inlaws are coming to town from Massachusettes so they want to go to the rodeo. :p This should be interesting. They've never been to one so I'm not sure what they'll think. Being raised in middle of nowhere, small town Oklahoma, I've been to many of them. Hopefully they won't be too offended by the sites and smells.

Heh. To those who don't live in a state with an annual fair. I must say you're missing out on one of life's simple pleasures. ;) They tend to be unique experiences ...well at least the one here in Oklahoma does.

~Misty~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home