Misty's Blogspot

Monday, February 22, 2010

Just an update

It was a crazy, but good week last week. On Thursday morning Matt flew in from his FOB. I was able to get the day off too. Matt and I were able to hang out all day together Thursday. It was wonderful! He looked great too :)

Matt and I were then supposed to fly out together to go back to his FOB on Friday morning. We woke up at 0630, geared up and then walked down to the flight line. We waited for over an hour for the Blackhawks. Finally someone came over and said that all the flights had been canceled because the skies were red. They told us to come back at 1800 and we would maybe be able to fly out then. We ended up catching a convoy from here to his FOB. It was my first time to ride in a convoy. I thought I would be a little more afraid than I was, but it actually wasn't too bad.

Saturday I got up and ready for the NCO of the Quarter Board. Matt met me at the barracks and we walked over to get lunch. After we finished eating he went back to work and I left to go to the Battalion building. I was expecting maybe 3 soldiers and 2 to 3 NCOs to be present for the board. There were 5 soldiers and 5 NCOs! The first soldier went in at 1300. By 1500 only 3 soldiers had gone in. I was beginning to get a bit worried, because I had to go pick up Comsec, which was priority over the board. So I left to go do that. It took me 2 hours! I arrived back at the battalion at 1700 and was told that the first NCO had gone in not too long before. After I had been there about 10 minutes I was called in. By this time I was hot, tired and cranky so I wasn't really in the mood to be there. I think this may have helped me a bit, because I really didn't care so I wasn't nervous at all. After about 20 minutes I was finished. So I told the other 3 still waiting good luck and I left.

I met up with Matt and we ate a quick dinner together and then I went over to the flight line. While I was waiting to catch my flight back here, my 1SGT came walking up. He told me that he wanted to congratulate me on winning the board. He also said that he had already emailed the information about the next board to my Platoon SGT. :p I haven't found out when the next board is yet, but I'm sure it's not too far off.

It was tough to say goodbye to Matt after getting to spend 2 1/2 days with him, but it looks like we're going to be able to see each other at least once every other month! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home