Misty's Blogspot

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wednesday was a terrifying day. Matt and I had the Soldier of the Quarter Board. We were both relieved when they told us it would be in the morning instead of the afternoon. It was so difficult to sleep the night before.

We both studied for so long. There wasn't much more we could do, but just go in and hoped that the questions they asked us were what we had learned.

I was woken up at 0445 by my phone ringing. My SGT was calling to let me know that we had been alerted to be at the company between 0515 and 0530. I grabbed a bottle of water on my way out the door, because I knew exactly why we had been called in early. They were giving us a urinalysis. :p

Afterwards I was allowed to go home to get ready. I had to be back at 0815. We all had to be at the battalion headquaters by 0900. When I arrived Matt was already there with the 2 others who were competing. The Sergeant Major had the 4 of us go in to the conference room to let us know more about how the board was going to be held.

Matt was called in to go first. Almost an hour later he came out and was bright red. He was so stressed. I asked him how it went and he said it was tough and that he didn't know how he did. I was called next. My Sgt went in first to give them some background information first. I then knocked and was told to enter. I walked in and saluted the SGM. She returned the salute and then had me do facing movements so they could look at my uniform and posture. Once that was done she had me sit. When I sat down I had to sit on the edge of the chair because otherwise my feet wouldn't touch the floor. She told me I could sit back, but I told her I was fine. I didn't think it would be very good if my feet were dangling. :p

She then introduced the other members of the board. There were 4 others. They then proceeded to ask me questions. I was expecting each one to have 5 topics with 3 questions per topic. Instead they each had about 8 topics with 3 questions! It was very difficult. I was so nervous. I answered at least 10-15 questions with an I don't know. After I left my Sgt stayed to get some feedback. He then joined me outside. He told me I did well and thought I would win. He had taken notes so we could go over what questions I missed.

Here is a picture of Matt and I in our class A's after the board.
Photobucket

We did not find out until Thursday that I did win the board. I am happy, but sad that I had to beat Matt to win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home